Mission of Maxie’s H.O.U.S.E.
Mission of Maxie's H.O.U.S.E.
To uphold and promote the physical and emotional safety of our children living in more than one home by offering a national resource center, programs, and other forms of support.
Provide child safety classes to children and parents.
- Create and provide curriculum for online and in person delivery that teaches children how to identify and work with "safe" adults to create an additional support network outside the home through age appropriate activities.
- Create and provide curriculum for online and in person delivery to teach parents how to minimize the conflict their children experience
- Create and provide curriculum for online and in person workshops for parents to identify the warning signs that something unsafe might be happening with their child when out of their care
- Create and provide curriculum for online and in person delivery that teaches parents how to get help for their child(ren) once safety issues have arisen.
Teach parents how to work with the systems in place to create the safest environment possible for their children
- Educate parents about the roles that various professionals play in the custody and support process and what kind of help they should expect from each through one-on-one coaching, in person and online classes
- Create and provide online curriculum that teaches parents how to find help when safety concerns arise.
- Create and provide online curriculum and ongoing in person programs that encourage a constructive co-parenting relationship between both parents
- Encourage parents to perform background checks on all adults living with the children and provide the results to the other parent.
Provide parent support groups
- Create an environment where parents can share success stories and help each other navigate the system through small in-person group classes
- Create and administer curriculum for online and in person classes that teaches parents how to find help when safety concerns arise and gives group members the opportunity to share success stories and strategies.
- Create and administer curriculum for online and in person classes that encourage a constructive co-parenting relationship between both parents
- Work with the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts to enhance the education of members and professionals both in Arizona and nationally on current safety challenges and solutions for children from blended families.
- Encourage professionals to become better trained and better aware of the warning signs of unsafe home environments for children of blended families by providing seminars and coursework for their required CPE (Continuing Professional Education) training.
- Work with family law attorneys and judges to encourage parents during the separation/divorce process to create a family safety plan that addresses how new adults will be introduced to the children and the households and incorporate the safety plan it into their parenting plan.